At the White House once I was regaling him with local news from Champaign (which he was always ready to hear), and I said, 'Blank is dead; his extremely disloyal sentiments so provoked his neighbors that there was serious talk of inflicting vengeance on him, and he was found dead in bed—caused largely by fright.' This man was an old Whig friend of Lincoln, but the reason of his exit from life's trials amused him. His comment was, 'He died, then, to save his life, it seems.'"- Lincoln's Own Stories, Anthony Gross, HARPER & BROTHERS PUBLISHERS NEW YORK AND LONDON, 1912...
In response to:
I've just read the half dozen or so comments below and I can't disaree with any of them. What the H@## is going on?? Spending cuts are the only salvation and these jerks are spending more!!! I'm a life-long Republican and I am EMBARASSED by our current "leaders". The commenter below who said that they're just double agents for the Dems may be right. In their eyes, the most important thing is to keep their cushy jobs and the H@## with the country. "I've got mine" is the Foggy Bottom mantra. And, finally, have we EVER had a more egotistical , insecure narcissist as President?? The man is frightening.
- Federal judge to IRS: Explain these “lost” e-mails, please … under oath Ed Morrissey 31 minutes ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Video: Losing Andrea Mitchell Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Boehner: Obama lawsuit will focus on Obamacare enforcement Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Ann Coulter: Chris McDaniel’s killing his political future by contesting the Mississippi runoff results Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Watch Jake Tapper embarrass pro-Hamas attorney Noah Rothman 12 hours ago