Yesterday a school shooting was quickly stopped before it escalated further thanks to an armed guard being on campus.
A student opened fire at his middle school Thursday afternoon, wounding a 14-year-old in the neck before an armed officer working at the school was able to get the gun away, police said.
Multiple shots were fired in the courtyard of Price Middle School just south of downtown around 1:50 p.m. and the one boy was hit, Atlanta Police Chief George Turner said. In the aftermath, a teacher received minor cuts, he said.
- Media’s take on poverty issues exposes the dishonesty of the press Noah Rothman 12 mins ago
- White House slams Hamas’ “barbaric” kidnapping, cease-fire violations Ed Morrissey 52 mins ago
- Obama hits 40% approval in AP poll, loses ground on foreign policy Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- July jobs report: 209,000 jobs added, jobless rate 6.2% Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Report: New House bill on border crisis will limit Obama’s power to expand executive amnesty to new illegals; Update: Two separate bills Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Democrats celebrate ‘midterm gift’ of GOP’s failure to pass border bill Noah Rothman 3 hours ago