Yesterday a school shooting was quickly stopped before it escalated further thanks to an armed guard being on campus.
A student opened fire at his middle school Thursday afternoon, wounding a 14-year-old in the neck before an armed officer working at the school was able to get the gun away, police said.
Multiple shots were fired in the courtyard of Price Middle School just south of downtown around 1:50 p.m. and the one boy was hit, Atlanta Police Chief George Turner said. In the aftermath, a teacher received minor cuts, he said.
Breaking on TOWNHALL
- Red line? ISIS used chemical weapons against Iraqi army Ed Morrissey 11 mins ago
- Rise of Ebola and terrorism a perfect storm for the GOP? Noah Rothman 52 mins ago
- Report: Ebola cases starting to drop in Liberia Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Not exactly self-isolation: Ebola patient’s itinerary prompts questions about protocols Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Does Georgia vote Democratic in 2014? Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Martha Coakley’s campaign seems to be in mid-collapse Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago