Yesterday a school shooting was quickly stopped before it escalated further thanks to an armed guard being on campus.
A student opened fire at his middle school Thursday afternoon, wounding a 14-year-old in the neck before an armed officer working at the school was able to get the gun away, police said.
Multiple shots were fired in the courtyard of Price Middle School just south of downtown around 1:50 p.m. and the one boy was hit, Atlanta Police Chief George Turner said. In the aftermath, a teacher received minor cuts, he said.
Breaking on TOWNHALL
- Surprise: Hoboken Mayor produces additional “journal entries” in Christie saga Guy Benson 32 minutes ago
- Video: Oregon commission orders stop on using dead babies to generate power Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Bundy’s comments on race provide breaking point for Paul, Heller Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Comment registration is now open! Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- FDA set to regulate e-cigs — and cigars, pipe tobacco Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Five dead in Ukraine clashes as Obama warns on sanctions Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago