Yesterday a school shooting was quickly stopped before it escalated further thanks to an armed guard being on campus.
A student opened fire at his middle school Thursday afternoon, wounding a 14-year-old in the neck before an armed officer working at the school was able to get the gun away, police said.
Multiple shots were fired in the courtyard of Price Middle School just south of downtown around 1:50 p.m. and the one boy was hit, Atlanta Police Chief George Turner said. In the aftermath, a teacher received minor cuts, he said.
- Engel: Military officials “apoplectic” over Obama’s “no-strategy” comment Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- The Democratic revolt continues: Key senator calls for Obama to arm Ukraine Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Nearly two years after Benghazi, American embassy in Libya’s capital falls to Islamists Noah Rothman 5 hours ago
- “We need a national conversation…” Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 20 hours ago
- Will 2014 be the year that Jews support the GOP? Jazz Shaw 21 hours ago