Time flies when you're frantically moving goalposts and remaking one-sixth of the US economy, doesn't it? Three years ago today, the House of Representatives approved the Senate-passed healthcare bill, sending it to the president's desk to become the law of the land -- all without a single Republican vote in either house of Congress. In the lead up to that moment, were effectively peddled legislative perfection. Obamacare would reduce family premiums, bend the national health spending curve downward, insure 46 million Americans, cover everyone for no additional cost, and actually reduce national deficits. The law has since survived enduring...
In response to:
The GOP pretends to oppose government run health care to exploit the public's justifiable fear of Obamacare. Any GOP reform will be almost as bad. The GOP is the "not quite as bad Party."
- Quote of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Big Labor: ObamaCare is making income inequality worse, you know Erika Johnsen 4 hours ago
- Reading 2.0: There’s an app for that Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- China draws its own “red line” …on North Korea Erika Johnsen 7 hours ago
- IRS to give up, release all Lerner e-mails, documents Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago
- Ukraine: Another 3 AM wake-up call going unheeded Ed Morrissey 10 hours ago