President Obama rehashed many familiar themes this evening, calling on Congress to act on a host of issues -- and vowing to take unilateral executive action if they fail to sufficiently address his priorities. A few passages were newsworthy: Obama denounced the looming sequester cuts, voiced support for "modest" Medicare reforms, called for another stimulus, resurrected cap and trade, pushed comprehensive immigration reform, backed a national hike in the minimum wage, announced another major troop draw-down in Afghanistan, and insisted that Congress allow up-or-down votes on a series of gun control measures. As is his habit, the president was...
You are talking chip change. What you need is a 4 lane reinforced concrete bridge that looks just like the original cottonwood so that it preserves the unique cultural and environmental heritage and spirit of the site.
- Twitter blocks petition supporting Houston pastors Jazz Shaw 51 mins ago
- Breaking: New White House fence-jumper taken down by K9s, apprehended Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- Debbie Wasserman Schultz: Barack who? Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- What election? Network news gives up on covering midterms Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Could Oregon’s First Lady sink the Governor next month? Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Oh my: Cory Gardner 46, Mark Udall 39 in Colorado Senate race Allahpundit 3 hours ago