After Obama won re-election, there was extensive discussion among his supporters about whether the Republican "fever" would, in fact, break. Would the fiscal cliff negotiations, which resulted in the GOP accepting a tax increase on the nation's highest earners, do the trick? If not,...
In response to:
The GOP has admitted that they are just trying to save Social Security and all the other Democrat programs by imposing a bit of "fiscal responsibility". Never confuse the "Tax Collectors of the Welfare State" with an opposition party.
Nine months ago, Barack Obama likened his Republican opposition to an illness. If he could just defeat Mitt Romney, Obama said, then the illness might subside. "I believe that if we're successful in this election -- when we're successful in this election -- that the fever may break," Obama told a fundraiser in Minneapolis last June.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- GAO to audit Oregon’s failed ObamaCare exchange site Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- Video: Chris Matthews attempts a do-over during his live show Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- FL-13 special election: Jolly wins! Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- Finally: “Frozen,” the honest trailer Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Union leaders: Man, this Keystone XL decision just “reeks of politics” Erika Johnsen 4 hours ago