Society is gradually becoming more liberal – or libertine – in many ways, and one of the latest trends is the gradual legalization of marijuana in one state after another. This past election, voters approved marijuana for legal (recreational) use in Colorado and Washington. Marijuana has been legalized for recreational or medicinal use in 13 states, with more states to consider it soon. 15 million Americans are regular users of marijuana, a little over 5% of of the population. It seems problematic to criticize its legalization from a logical perspective considering alcohol, another psychoactive substance, is legal. If it is acceptable...
In response to:
I consider your facts to be false. Legalization will drop the crime rate , and education will reveal that "A life without drugs, is a life better lived" The people that become addicted to any drug is pretty consistent. The liberty to do as we please is the most important thing to remember here. The government wants it illegal, because they make so much money in the process. You know, courts, lawyers, incarcerations. . . These kind of laws break up families, and destroy the moral and ethical fabric of a free society. . . Get real please!
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Scarborough: A certain network should cover Bridgegate clearing as much as allegations Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Remind me again, why isn’t Condi Rice running for president? Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Following Scotland’s lead: 25% of USA residents open to breaking away Noah Rothman 9 hours ago
- Video: Does watching NFL games make you an ‘enabler’ of domestic violence? Guy Benson 9 hours ago
- Video: Remy solves “the ISIS crisis” as only he can Allahpundit 10 hours ago