Quack multiculturalism is the name Frisby gives to the vision...
So they gave me a black female principal who was always excusing the black students so they could attend special seminars, feel good assemblies, meet with successful minority business people, etc, etc and they legally missed 50% of my science classes. Then I was expected to tutor them on my own time and I would sit and wait but none ever showed up. Somehow they were graduated?? They got accepted at local colleges and not one of them lasted a full year. Professor Frisby fortunately didn't have our principal.
Professor Craig Frisby is on the faculty of University of Missouri's Department of Educational, School and Counseling Psychology. His most recent book is "Meeting the Psychoeducational Needs of Minority Students." It's a 662-page textbook covering a range of topics from multiculturalism and home and family influences to student testing and school discipline. There's no way full justice can be given to this excellent work in the space of this column, so I'll highlight a few valuable insights he makes that would help educators do a better job with minority students.
- WaPo/ABC poll shows 50% support Obama’s handling of ISIS now Ed Morrissey 24 mins ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Video: “The Newsroom” final season invites you to relive hackneyed debates of 2013 Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Video: First case of Ebola found in the US Ed Morrissey 10 hours ago
- Romney on 2016: “We’ve got a lot of people looking at the race. We’ll see what happens.” Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- NFL apologizes for penalizing player who prayed in end zone Jeff Dunetz 12 hours ago