Quack multiculturalism is the name Frisby gives to the vision...
So they gave me a black female principal who was always excusing the black students so they could attend special seminars, feel good assemblies, meet with successful minority business people, etc, etc and they legally missed 50% of my science classes. Then I was expected to tutor them on my own time and I would sit and wait but none ever showed up. Somehow they were graduated?? They got accepted at local colleges and not one of them lasted a full year. Professor Frisby fortunately didn't have our principal.
Professor Craig Frisby is on the faculty of University of Missouri's Department of Educational, School and Counseling Psychology. His most recent book is "Meeting the Psychoeducational Needs of Minority Students." It's a 662-page textbook covering a range of topics from multiculturalism and home and family influences to student testing and school discipline. There's no way full justice can be given to this excellent work in the space of this column, so I'll highlight a few valuable insights he makes that would help educators do a better job with minority students.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Scarborough: A certain network should cover Bridgegate clearing as much as allegations Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- Remind me again, why isn’t Condi Rice running for president? Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Following Scotland’s lead: 25% of USA residents open to breaking away Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Video: Does watching NFL games make you an ‘enabler’ of domestic violence? Guy Benson 4 hours ago
- Video: Remy solves “the ISIS crisis” as only he can Allahpundit 4 hours ago