After six years of litigation, I am pleased to report that I have finally won the right to present my case against UNC-Wilmington to a jury of my peers here in North Carolina. My case began in September of 2006 when I was denied promotion to full professor. At the time, I had multiple teaching awards and outstanding reviews from students for my teaching. I had published more peer-reviewed articles than the vast majority of my colleagues. In fact, my department had never denied promotion to full professor to anyone with as many peer reviewed publications as I had accumulated. My...
Political science departments should welcome opposing view points so that students can hear and think about how different opinions need to be supported by reason and facts. Such diversity especially the conservative point of view is sadly lacking in most higher education institutions. Biology Departments need a few creationists to show just how much of evolution is unproven speculation.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Video: Sharyl Attkisson wants to know where the illegal immigrant children have gone Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Video: Cruz presser at AFP summit Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Video: Pete Hegseth on VA scandal, ISIS threat at AFP’s Defending the Dream summit Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago
- California Dem moves to outlaw some civilian body armor Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago
- Don’t count Rob Ford out just yet Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago