After six years of litigation, I am pleased to report that I have finally won the right to present my case against UNC-Wilmington to a jury of my peers here in North Carolina. My case began in September of 2006 when I was denied promotion to full professor. At the time, I had multiple teaching awards and outstanding reviews from students for my teaching. I had published more peer-reviewed articles than the vast majority of my colleagues. In fact, my department had never denied promotion to full professor to anyone with as many peer reviewed publications as I had accumulated. My...
Political science departments should welcome opposing view points so that students can hear and think about how different opinions need to be supported by reason and facts. Such diversity especially the conservative point of view is sadly lacking in most higher education institutions. Biology Departments need a few creationists to show just how much of evolution is unproven speculation.
- Blair: The West had better not rule out ground troops Ed Morrissey 53 mins ago
- Among us: Officials confirm American ISIS fighters have returned to United States Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Buzzfeed finds more lifted text in Mary Burke’s campaign; Update: Burke: Hey, no biggie Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Will the press find Panetta and Clinton’s pangs of conscience as compelling as Colin Powell’s? Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- “F*** it, I quit”: Alaska reporter resigns on air after revealing she runs the cannabis club she just reported on Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- What does the Hillary-Alinksy letter reveal? Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago