After six years of litigation, I am pleased to report that I have finally won the right to present my case against UNC-Wilmington to a jury of my peers here in North Carolina. My case began in September of 2006 when I was denied promotion to full professor. At the time, I had multiple teaching awards and outstanding reviews from students for my teaching. I had published more peer-reviewed articles than the vast majority of my colleagues. In fact, my department had never denied promotion to full professor to anyone with as many peer reviewed publications as I had accumulated. My...
Political science departments should welcome opposing view points so that students can hear and think about how different opinions need to be supported by reason and facts. Such diversity especially the conservative point of view is sadly lacking in most higher education institutions. Biology Departments need a few creationists to show just how much of evolution is unproven speculation.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Twitter blocks petition supporting Houston pastors Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Breaking: New White House fence-jumper taken down by K9s, apprehended Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- Debbie Wasserman Schultz: Barack who? Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- What election? Network news gives up on covering midterms Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Could Oregon’s First Lady sink the Governor next month? Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago