"Interesting, right? And mostly forgotten, because politics moves on". Forgotten,because concerns were overtaken by events. With the collapse of the Soviet Union, many of our security concerns regarding the Panama Canal disappeared long before the handover; meanwhile, Panama has done a good job of administering it, and is expanding it as we speak. However, illegal immigration is a problem that will never go away, Yes, the economy in Mexico is much better, yes, the birth rate in Mexico, has shrunk to not much above replacement levels; However, as long as there are certain very poor states in Mexico, rural young men with a partial grade-school education will continue to cross the border illegally, instead of going to a large Mexican...
- NATO: Russia has moved artillery units and personnel into Ukraine Ed Morrissey 29 mins ago
- Hamas executes “collaborators” as Israeli air strikes target leadership Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- White House: That round of golf after the Foley video was released doesn’t show the depth of Obama’s grief Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Poll: As Scott Brown pounds on immigration, NH Senate race closes to statistical tie Guy Benson 2 hours ago
- Conservative columnists agree: Go to war in Iraq and Syria, don’t occupy them Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Hagel: ISIS beyond “just a terrorist group … imminent threat” Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago