"Interesting, right? And mostly forgotten, because politics moves on". Forgotten,because concerns were overtaken by events. With the collapse of the Soviet Union, many of our security concerns regarding the Panama Canal disappeared long before the handover; meanwhile, Panama has done a good job of administering it, and is expanding it as we speak. However, illegal immigration is a problem that will never go away, Yes, the economy in Mexico is much better, yes, the birth rate in Mexico, has shrunk to not much above replacement levels; However, as long as there are certain very poor states in Mexico, rural young men with a partial grade-school education will continue to cross the border illegally, instead of going to a large Mexican...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Hensarling: It’s time to end the Ex-Im Bank Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Got room for one more crisis? In Pakistan, protesters threaten government’s stability Noah Rothman 8 hours ago
- Engel: Military officials “apoplectic” over Obama’s “no-strategy” comment Ed Morrissey 10 hours ago
- The Democratic revolt continues: Key senator calls for Obama to arm Ukraine Noah Rothman 12 hours ago
- Nearly two years after Benghazi, American embassy in Libya’s capital falls to Islamists Noah Rothman 14 hours ago