"Interesting, right? And mostly forgotten, because politics moves on". Forgotten,because concerns were overtaken by events. With the collapse of the Soviet Union, many of our security concerns regarding the Panama Canal disappeared long before the handover; meanwhile, Panama has done a good job of administering it, and is expanding it as we speak. However, illegal immigration is a problem that will never go away, Yes, the economy in Mexico is much better, yes, the birth rate in Mexico, has shrunk to not much above replacement levels; However, as long as there are certain very poor states in Mexico, rural young men with a partial grade-school education will continue to cross the border illegally, instead of going to a large Mexican...
- Jobs plan from WI gubernatorial candidate looks mighty … familiar Ed Morrissey 20 mins ago
- Exonerated, Chris Christie taunts the press by embracing Roger Goodell Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Scotland votes No to independence Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Video: Shep vs. Earnest Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- In New York City, a safety regulation makes the streets less safe Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago