"In 1960, two-thirds (68%) of all twenty-somethings were married. In 2008, just 26% were." "To get a sense of how different attitudes were in the 1960s, perhaps this will do it. (M)arried women were asked, ‘In your opinion, do you think it is all right for a woman to have sexual relations before marriage...
true enough joe296, but consider....the "unwed airheads walking around with bloated bellies, welfare checks, food stamps and other governmental supports" also get to vote and they keep voting for more free stuff and will continue to do so until the sun becomes a burned out acorn. one could argue ( @ the risk of being beheaded by a feminist ) that the real origin of our demise could just be the women's vote. of course, i am aware that something like 40% of women don't vote for this sewage but that also means that 60% DO. just consider that but don't tell your mom, sister, wife, girlfriend or female co-workers..lol.
It's no secret that marriage has been in decline in America, but most people don't realize how quickly it has been crumbling. The numbers are staggering and the sea change in attitude that has gone along with them would shock previous generations of Americans.
- Crimea parliament to declare independence after annexation referendum Ed Morrissey 24 minutes ago
- CNN reports ObamaCare approval “rebounding” Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- DeBlasio faces three lawsuits for trying to shut down charter schools Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- European countries to US: Give us your gas Erika Johnsen 12 hours ago
- Venezuelan protesters digging in for the long haul Erika Johnsen 13 hours ago