Last night, White House Press Secretary Jay Carney picked a Twitter fight with Republican Congressman Justin Amash over sequestration. We'll get to that online battle in a moment, but first, a word on Rep. Amash's misguided comments that caught Carney's attention in the first place. Amash has been publicly blasting Republican leadership for aggressively pinning the sequester on President Obama, arguing that it's "disingenuous" for members of Congress to vote for a compromise, then blame it on the other party. This needlessly and foolishly undermines the GOP's messaging on the issue. Republicans are not saying that the sequester is...
the navy is postponing the RECOH of the Abe and the repair of the Miami (SSN) and the Porter (DDG). that willl mean thousands of jobs lost or laid off until funds are found for those projects. They may also delay funding for tuititioin assistance to sailors, funding for the JFK carrier and numerous other programs. The seq. will only hurt the nation.
- Poll showing GOP favorability nearly even with Dems met with furious spinning Noah Rothman 30 mins ago
- Wow: 62% of Republicans support sending ground troops into Iraq and Syria Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Video: AQ’s competition with ISIS means renewed focus on hitting US Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- The GOP comes roaring back in Colorado Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- WSJ: Obama will require military to get his personal approval for U.S. strikes in Syria Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Video: Scotland goes to the polls on independence Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago