Last night, White House Press Secretary Jay Carney picked a Twitter fight with Republican Congressman Justin Amash over sequestration. We'll get to that online battle in a moment, but first, a word on Rep. Amash's misguided comments that caught Carney's attention in the first place. Amash has been publicly blasting Republican leadership for aggressively pinning the sequester on President Obama, arguing that it's "disingenuous" for members of Congress to vote for a compromise, then blame it on the other party. This needlessly and foolishly undermines the GOP's messaging on the issue. Republicans are not saying that the sequester is...
the navy is postponing the RECOH of the Abe and the repair of the Miami (SSN) and the Porter (DDG). that willl mean thousands of jobs lost or laid off until funds are found for those projects. They may also delay funding for tuititioin assistance to sailors, funding for the JFK carrier and numerous other programs. The seq. will only hurt the nation.
- Addressing James Foley’s murder, Obama speaks loudly and leaves the stick at home Noah Rothman 20 mins ago
- Washington wonders: Why did Obama bother to come back from vacation? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon: Darren Wilson must be vigorously prosecuted Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Open thread: Semi-retired President to issue daily communique at 12:45 ET (pledged) Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- World Jewish Congress president asks, “Who will stand up for the Christians?” Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Police sources to NYT: Witnesses, forensics prove Wilson sustained an injury during his confrontation with Michael Brown Allahpundit 3 hours ago