In an interview with NPR, Whole Foods CEO John Mackey drew a lot of attention—and criticism—by comparing ObamaCare to “fascism.” He said, "Socialism is where the government owns the means of production. In fascism, the government doesn’t own the means of production, but they do control it—and that’s what’s happening with our health care programs and these reforms.” Now, he’s walking back the controversial statement even though his feelings about the health care law haven’t changed. On CBS This Morning, Mackey said it was “a bad choice of words” because it has an association with dictatorships in the 20th century....
In response to:
Telling the truth these days gets you in trouble. Our president is a criminal, along with his cabinet.
- Be of good cheer, subjects: An heir to the throne is due Allahpundit 29 minutes ago
- Megan McArdle goes off on suspicious Census Bureau/Obamacare methodology switch Guy Benson 1 hour ago
- Chris Christie on punishing drug users: If we’re going to be pro-life, let’s be pro-life all the way Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- The encore ObamaCare victory lap after the not-a-deadline-extension Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- Eric Cantor: Obama and I totally had an angry conversation about immigration yesterday Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- America’s new labor battle: SEIU versus … Media Matters Allahpundit 3 hours ago