As Guy wrote about already, President Obama is proposing $50 billion in new spending on the backs of America's small business owners, otherwise known as those who make more than $250,000 per year. House Majority Whip Kevin McCarthy is out with a new video today explaining why the "rich" tax hike Obama is proposing will only make a bad situation worse for those who are barely capable of being successful in this economy. "This is Small Business America," profiles S corporation owner Jerry Gorski, who lives just 15 miles away from where Obama will kick off his campaign today...
Taxes aren't going to solve our national debt and annual deficits. It's like running into a burning house to save your coin jar instead of putting out the fire. As long as the government remains this bloating colossus with an insatiable appetite for spending, there will never be enough revenue. Even a 100% tax won't cut it. The house is still going to burn down whether you get the whole jar of coins or just a handful.
- Chris Matthews: Didn’t Obama tell us it was “unlikely” Ebola would come to America? Allahpundit 25 mins ago
- Video: Cop tases 62-year-old woman — while she’s walking away from him Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- US: Our collateral damage policies don’t apply to Syria, Iraq air strikes Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Clapper to intel community: You’ve done great work … on ISIS Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Cindy Sheehan: Let’s face it, some liberals support Obama’s wars because of reverse racism Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Neil deGrasse Tyson, C.P. Snow and the science vs. culture battle Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago