Democrats don’t have the 51 votes they need in the Senate to change filibuster rules that could make it harder for the GOP minority to wield power in the upper chamber. Lawmakers leading the charge acknowledge they remain short, but express optimism they’ll hit their goal. “I haven’t counted 51 just yet, but we’re working,” said Sen. Tom Udall (D-N.M.), a leading...
In response to:
jscott1199, If Medicare is so good, why is it mandatory?
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Rubio: Only one nation can stand up to the wave of totalitarianism Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- HHS: Why, no, we are not measuring the very metric ObamaCare was passed to improve Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Video: Meet your 2014 CPAC blogger of the year Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Carney: Why no, Obama does not regret being dismissive of Mitt Romney on Russia Erika Johnsen 9 hours ago
- Brutal: Just one in 10 uninsured who qualify for ObamaCare exchange plans has signed up Allahpundit 10 hours ago