President Obama's comments about the private sector "doing fine" reveal, above all, a candidate as unconcerned about private enterprise as he is unaware of the realities confronting both job-creators and job-seekers.
That, perhaps, is the worst of it. But if his entire statement is deconstructed, it also reveals some pretty remarkable insights into his world-view. Here's what he said:
"The private sector is doing fine.
Breaking on TOWNHALL
- YouGov poll: Majority thinks it’s unfair to criticize presidents for playing golf Allahpundit 58 mins ago
- Video: “I suddenly remember how good the American people are …” Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Jubilation: Israel and Syria trade fire as Islamists seize territory along tense border Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Putin is invading Ukraine, and he is winning Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Obama’s new power grab: A climate change treaty without Senate ratification Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Two legal guests tell CNN their Brown shooting audio might be a hoax Noah Rothman 4 hours ago