As Guy wrote this week, liberals are arguing spending doesn't lead to deficits or more debt. During his final press conference of his first term Monday, President Obama argued that his vote against raising the debt ceiling in 2006 came at a time when things were "different," and that Republicans shouldn't be hesitating to increase the debt ceiling this time around. Yesterday on Neil Cavuto's show, Democratic Rep. Jan Schakosky argued that Democrats voting against a debt ceiling increase in 2006 wasn't "real."
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 52 minutes ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- WMD in Iraq a rather nuanced issue Ed Morrissey 13 hours ago
- Perry: Rand Paul’s position on Iraq is “disheartening … curiously blind” Ed Morrissey 15 hours ago
- Joni Ernst will miss two weeks on the campaign trail… to serve in uniform Jazz Shaw 16 hours ago
- UN Security Council issues non-binding call for cease fire in Gaza Ed Morrissey 18 hours ago