A month ago, I presented the case for why Fed Chairman Bernanke would have strong motivation to launch another round of quantitative easing (QE) before the election. In short, it would save him his job. Now, I didn't predict with certainty that he would do so - only the few men at the FOMC knew that for sure - but it seemed likely. Shortly thereafter, Bernanke not only announced more stimulus, but promised to keep it flowing to the tune of an additional $40 billion a month until conditions improve. As I had written, this is essentially the election...
All talk of gold standard is bullflowers.. a. There isn't enough gold to back the currency now in circulation..we sold it all at 35 dollars an ounce until nixie took us off the gold standard just as we ran out of it b. Gold backing is irrelevant...fiat currency works well as long as the govt issues it. ..it doesnt..a private bank counterfeits all us currency. .the federal reserve bank is not federal any more than fedex..it is privately held. .a criminal syndicate. .incorporated in delaware..the federal reserve bank association has fooled most of the people most of the time..it prints federal reserve notes and uses them to purchase american govt IOUs aka treasuries for which you and i pay endlessly with income taxbux C, very few realize
- This could be the most embarrassing New York Times editorial ever Noah Rothman 34 mins ago
- IG: Secret Service op on behalf of employee in neighborhood dispute “problematic” Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Jeanne Shaheen’s victory lap on chemical weapons in Syria exposes ignorance Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Autopsy shows Michael Brown shot twice at close range Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Christie “tired of hearing about the minimum wage.” Mistake? Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Dems: We’re keeping Pelosi even if we lose Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago