You're not a plant.

Is It Ever OK To Spank?

ducks13 Wrote: Sep 23, 2014 8:04 PM
Mothers shouldn't hit but father's should? Please explain your logic.

Is It Ever OK To Spank?

ducks13 Wrote: Sep 23, 2014 8:02 PM
It doesn't have to be physical punishment. The best behaved kids I remember were ones that did without something if the didn't do what they were suppose to do. The ones that were hit were still not doing what they were suppose to but they had gotten too big to hit.

Why We Must Revisit The Iraq War

ducks13 Wrote: Sep 18, 2014 9:12 PM
Just why is it we find it so easy to get into wars, maybe we are doing something wrong. I've lived through Vietnam, Gulf wars I and II and Afghanistan and of course the general War on Terror and the myriad other little military actions. It should make you wonder if you're part of the problem.
Good column! Too bad few will read it and even fewer will agree with it. The MSN poll has those in favor of airstrikes vs against at close to 3 to 1. American seem to think their nose belongs in everyone's business.
The water fountain thing is funny! Thanks.
Why do you even need to remember 9/11, so you can get scared? The infinitesimal chance I have of being harmed by a terrorist multiplied by the increased chance of a harm on September 11th is still infinitesimal.

Ignorance Fuels the Calls for War

ducks13 Wrote: Sep 04, 2014 10:28 PM
Yes, attack, not attach. And no, I don't want him to ignore congress. I was just making the point that what they say and what they do have often been very different.

Ignorance Fuels the Calls for War

ducks13 Wrote: Sep 04, 2014 7:46 PM
It would be a pleasant surprise if Mr. Paul was Prez and he actually went to congress for authorization, and if they didn't give it to him, he didn't find some way to attach anyway. Sad but true, the promises of the likes of Reagan, and Obama have not played out once in office. I'm not holding my breath for Rand either but he seems to be the only hope there is.

Ignorance Fuels the Calls for War

ducks13 Wrote: Sep 04, 2014 7:39 PM
It really seems like we should just butt out of the middle east. We keep putting ourselves where we don't belong. The countries in the middle east need to work it out. There are plenty of armaments in the middle east to destroy ISIS without our involvement. If you feel threatened by ISIS I'd say you have no balls, you have a much better chance of killed or injured by any number of other things that you willingly accept without a second thought. As Steve says, how many times can you be wrong and still keep doing the same thing?
Well stated Mr. Paul, and accurate.