Good column! Too bad few will read it and even fewer will agree with it. The MSN poll has those in favor of airstrikes vs against at close to 3 to 1. American seem to think their nose belongs in everyone's business.
The water fountain thing is funny! Thanks.
Why do you even need to remember 9/11, so you can get scared? The infinitesimal chance I have of being harmed by a terrorist multiplied by the increased chance of a harm on September 11th is still infinitesimal.

Ignorance Fuels the Calls for War

ducks13 Wrote: Sep 04, 2014 10:28 PM
Yes, attack, not attach. And no, I don't want him to ignore congress. I was just making the point that what they say and what they do have often been very different.

Ignorance Fuels the Calls for War

ducks13 Wrote: Sep 04, 2014 7:46 PM
It would be a pleasant surprise if Mr. Paul was Prez and he actually went to congress for authorization, and if they didn't give it to him, he didn't find some way to attach anyway. Sad but true, the promises of the likes of Reagan, and Obama have not played out once in office. I'm not holding my breath for Rand either but he seems to be the only hope there is.

Ignorance Fuels the Calls for War

ducks13 Wrote: Sep 04, 2014 7:39 PM
It really seems like we should just butt out of the middle east. We keep putting ourselves where we don't belong. The countries in the middle east need to work it out. There are plenty of armaments in the middle east to destroy ISIS without our involvement. If you feel threatened by ISIS I'd say you have no balls, you have a much better chance of killed or injured by any number of other things that you willingly accept without a second thought. As Steve says, how many times can you be wrong and still keep doing the same thing?
Well stated Mr. Paul, and accurate.

Marijuana vs. Scotch and a Low IQ

ducks13 Wrote: Aug 21, 2014 7:18 PM
No guarantee, but I've seen equal if not more people lose it from alcohol than from all other drugs combined. Pot certainly seems less harmful than alcohol from what I have seen. My dad started drinking excessively when he was about 45 or 50, he quit working after about 5 years years of drinking. He had inherited enough money by then to not need to work but he didn't do much of anything else either.

Marijuana vs. Scotch and a Low IQ

ducks13 Wrote: Aug 21, 2014 7:10 PM
Sounds cool, I'll have to give it a try next time I'm in Dallas. I drive racecars too.

Marijuana vs. Scotch and a Low IQ

ducks13 Wrote: Aug 21, 2014 6:59 AM
Lets see now, I've been smoking daily for about 40 years now. I earn 6 figures as an engineer. My friend who was arrested for pot some 30 years ago quit smoking due to the drug tests and started drinking. He can't remember much of anything anymore, he drank too much one time and lost much of his memory. He hasn't worked in about 5 years. Perhaps the American have been paying attentions to the results rather than what biased scientists/politicians have to say about pot. Much like global warming some people have a incentive to come up with certain results.