Within the next few months, Justice Anthony Kennedy will likely rule that same-sex marriage is mandated by the Constitution of the United States. The ruling will offend both common sense and Constitutional law. But it will nonetheless become the law of the land. With it, states will be forced to recognize same-sex marriages; same-sex marriage will enter the public school lexicon; religious institutions will be forced to recognize same-sex marriages or lose their tax-exempt status. Religious Americans will be forced into violating their beliefs or facing legal consequences by the government. The First Amendment's guarantee of religious liberty will largely become...
In response to:
RC: you're not even scratching the surface of reality or truth. This country is constantly divorcing itself from Christianity and Biblical revelation when it comes to civil liberties. That's why contraception is legal, divorce is legal, eating pork and working on Sunday is legal. That's why women being educated and treated equally is legal. That's why treating gay people equally must legal as well. Using YOUR chosen religion, which is neither required or enforced in this country, selectively against gay people ONLY wouldn't be right no matter what excuse you use. It's cowardly to do it, just because of the legacy of abuse that's left them more vulnerable than anyone else. The motive is an abusive one, not an ethical one.
- Reading 2.0: There’s an app for that Jazz Shaw 24 minutes ago
- China draws its own “red line” …on North Korea Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- IRS to give up, release all Lerner e-mails, documents Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Ukraine: Another 3 AM wake-up call going unheeded Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Welfare reform is officially on life support in NYC Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Why won’t the White House explain how off-budget ObamaCare money got spent? Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago