Within the next few months, Justice Anthony Kennedy will likely rule that same-sex marriage is mandated by the Constitution of the United States. The ruling will offend both common sense and Constitutional law. But it will nonetheless become the law of the land. With it, states will be forced to recognize same-sex marriages; same-sex marriage will enter the public school lexicon; religious institutions will be forced to recognize same-sex marriages or lose their tax-exempt status. Religious Americans will be forced into violating their beliefs or facing legal consequences by the government. The First Amendment's guarantee of religious liberty will largely become...
In response to:
Ah, but Mike, that's exactly what mere human beings HAVE been doing. Especially to women and gay people to this day. Imposing religious will on them, in forms of civil policy that's been dangerous and UNNECESSARY. It's evidenced by people who conflate homosexuality with murder, adultery and theft, and punish gay people WORSE than these. Yet, regardless how productive, law abiding and responsible, gay people are still guilty of being unworthy of any value or equal. Even though their orientation is acquired and morally neutral as heterosexuality. If religion makes people blind and ignorant to this dangerous degree, than it can't be allowed to abuse another citizen. And the difference has to be illustrated at every turn.
- Democratic Colorado governor exalts Obama’s pool game, is not helping Noah Rothman 42 minutes ago
- Begich: Hey, I’m a thorn in Obama’s … whatever Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Josh Earnest: We’re the most transparent administration ever, no matter what journalists say Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Paul vs. Perry, Round 2: Rand says Rick is ‘stuck in the past’ Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Israel shoots down Hamas drone as escalation continues Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 15 hours ago