Within the next few months, Justice Anthony Kennedy will likely rule that same-sex marriage is mandated by the Constitution of the United States. The ruling will offend both common sense and Constitutional law. But it will nonetheless become the law of the land. With it, states will be forced to recognize same-sex marriages; same-sex marriage will enter the public school lexicon; religious institutions will be forced to recognize same-sex marriages or lose their tax-exempt status. Religious Americans will be forced into violating their beliefs or facing legal consequences by the government. The First Amendment's guarantee of religious liberty will largely become...
In response to:
The reason the churches allowed these "companionate" marriages are the same reason they ended up requiring celibacy in priests, these same sex couples had to bequeath their property to the church since no progeny would result from such marriages. Men with wives and children, couldn't leave any of THEIR property to the church either, they'd have to support their families with it. Ever with their minds on the almighty dollar, is the church.
- Putin: I could have troops in Kiev… Warsaw and Bucharest Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- NFL Week 3 open thread Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Daniele Watts won’t apologize, but how about the media? Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Sunday reflection: Matthew 20:1–16 Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- Unhappy anniversary: six years of Keystone obstruction Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 7 hours ago