Within the next few months, Justice Anthony Kennedy will likely rule that same-sex marriage is mandated by the Constitution of the United States. The ruling will offend both common sense and Constitutional law. But it will nonetheless become the law of the land. With it, states will be forced to recognize same-sex marriages; same-sex marriage will enter the public school lexicon; religious institutions will be forced to recognize same-sex marriages or lose their tax-exempt status. Religious Americans will be forced into violating their beliefs or facing legal consequences by the government. The First Amendment's guarantee of religious liberty will largely become...
In response to:
And that, Dag, is exactly why ONE spouse as primary custodian must and will remain who is legally recognized. The gov't already has rather simple standards for qualifying to marry. The point being to protect individuals from coercion and redundancy. Quantity of spouses is a lifestyle choice, one's gender and sexual orientation is not. Most people have several exponential next of kin. The point of marriage is to have ONE person have the custody and primacy of responsibility to their spouse. Otherwise, there isn't much point in having marriage if a boatload of people can make a claim on you and all you own too.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Yep: MSNBC would react quite differently if Tea Partiers threw rocks at them Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Finally: George W. Bush takes the ALS Ice Bucket challenge Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- WaPo/ABC poll: Majority approves of airstrikes in Iraq … Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Report: Two times as many British Muslims fighting for ISIS as with U.K. armed forces Noah Rothman 7 hours ago
- All in: Red-state Democrat Mark Pryor launches rare pro-ObamaCare midterm ad Allahpundit 8 hours ago