Within the next few months, Justice Anthony Kennedy will likely rule that same-sex marriage is mandated by the Constitution of the United States. The ruling will offend both common sense and Constitutional law. But it will nonetheless become the law of the land. With it, states will be forced to recognize same-sex marriages; same-sex marriage will enter the public school lexicon; religious institutions will be forced to recognize same-sex marriages or lose their tax-exempt status. Religious Americans will be forced into violating their beliefs or facing legal consequences by the government. The First Amendment's guarantee of religious liberty will largely become...
In response to:
The gov't can't discriminate against anyone to marry on the basis of not spontaneously conceiving a child, having contraceptive sex or no sex at all. Gender is not enforceable in a marriage, and there are no morals or competence or fecundity tests to marry. Yet, all the defenses stated come to the gov't doing so ONLY against gay couples. THAT is an example of the anti gay expecting the gov't to do what it cannot and has not to suit THEIR wants. Now Shapiro is demanding another level of social control the gov't won't have, so that gay people once again, won't have any gov't protection. Smarter people can see through all of that.
- New flier from Georgia Democrats: You must vote in November to … prevent another Ferguson Allahpundit 17 mins ago
- The (still) shifting transcripts of the President’s remarks Jazz Shaw 57 mins ago
- Bombshell: Mark Pryor called desegregation of schools a ‘figurative’ invasion Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Homeland Security announces new travel restrictions on Ebola countries that, er, aren’t so new Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- TEMS Tuesday: Andrew Malcolm and the big return Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Monica Lewinsky: I was patient zero in Internet bullying Allahpundit 2 hours ago