Imagine completing college, then 4 years of graduate school and finally working as a trainee for three to ten years while earning 3-4 times the Federal Poverty level. Then you are permitted to work on your own and go into business, but are unable to set the rates that you will charge your customers. You are required by the federal and state government to pay for the privilege of working, and have to comply with intrusive regulations making it more costly to conduct business with no ability to pass these costs along to your customers. You have almost a...
The point is obvious. Once healthcare becomes a ward of the government, it is subject to all the usual political forces. Interest groups lobby to the advantage of their constituents. Decisions are eventually made based on political exigencies. Medical care is the plaything of every other November's crying need. You will get the care you're given under ACA. It is sad to see a few hundred medically ignorant politicians in DC decide whats best for everyone. But, as the old saying goes, in a democracy you always get the government you deserve.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Citizen legislator Sen. Mary Landrieu doesn’t really live in Louisiana Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Democrats go after Republican for self-defense measure he took…14 years ago Matt Vespa 8 hours ago
- Rubio: If I had to vote again on my Gang of Eight immigration bill, I’d vote no Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Obama lets another red line lapse in Ukraine, and the consequences will be dire Noah Rothman 9 hours ago
- Heartache for lefties: Elizabeth Warren defends Israel at Massachusetts town hall Allahpundit 10 hours ago