Imagine completing college, then 4 years of graduate school and finally working as a trainee for three to ten years while earning 3-4 times the Federal Poverty level. Then you are permitted to work on your own and go into business, but are unable to set the rates that you will charge your customers. You are required by the federal and state government to pay for the privilege of working, and have to comply with intrusive regulations making it more costly to conduct business with no ability to pass these costs along to your customers. You have almost a...
The point is obvious. Once healthcare becomes a ward of the government, it is subject to all the usual political forces. Interest groups lobby to the advantage of their constituents. Decisions are eventually made based on political exigencies. Medical care is the plaything of every other November's crying need. You will get the care you're given under ACA. It is sad to see a few hundred medically ignorant politicians in DC decide whats best for everyone. But, as the old saying goes, in a democracy you always get the government you deserve.
- Rand Paul: Let’s get this straight — I’m not for containing Iran Allahpundit 49 minutes ago
- Biofuels producers: No really, this is the year biofuels are going to take off, for serious Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- Why not Mike Pence in 2016? Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Report: That recent deceleration in healthcare spending? Yeah, that’s probably over Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- New Fox ensemble show to feature Townhall’s Katie Pavlich as contributor Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Surprise: Democrat-aligned groups vastly out-raising conservative counterparts in 2014 Guy Benson 3 hours ago