Excellent article. If an individual forces another individual to hand over his property, we call it a crime. When a group of individuals do it, it's called legislation. Bastiat was right. When the government gets in the business of distributing things, there is no real practical limit to their power. Only in centrally planned economies do extreme deprivations of goods and services persist over long periods of time. Let the free market work.
Faced with the possibility that the Supreme Court may overturn the entire Affordable Care Act, there have been a quite a few articles which outline possible replacement plans for Obamacare. It is fascinating that the extensive coverage of this subject has made healthcare “experts” of so many people. I find it amusing that for most, the qualifications to opine on how to fix healthcare simply amounts to having had to wear a gown and get a shot.
It is troubling that so many people believe that the major problems with our healthcare system stem from misaligned incentives for doctors...
- Video: Mystery of Flight 370 deepens Ed Morrissey 13 minutes ago
- Gates: Crimea is gone Ed Morrissey 54 minutes ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- On notice: Mitch McConnell is ready to “crush” the Tea Party Jazz Shaw 14 hours ago
- Noonan on latest ObamaCare delay: Is there even an ObamaCare law anymore? Erika Johnsen 15 hours ago
- Video: Gates sees defense cuts as showing a lack of seriousness by US Jazz Shaw 17 hours ago