The organization's hysteric solution to gun violence in America is to put designated sitting ducks -- er, "armed police officers" -- in every American school. Apparently the secret is now out that such places are "gun-free," and LaPierre says that "(gun-free school zones) tell every insane killer in America...
Why is that people with the least knowledge and experience with weapons and dangerous encounters, like Ms. Marsden, tend to be the ones who believe that can tell everyone the way things really play out? Who is she to judge that because the criminal has a gun that he is necessarily crazy? How about just evil? We have armed guards and/or police in airports, banks, and shopping malls. Why would it seem so strange to have one in a school? Many places already do. These shooters are naturally cowardly people. They almost always kill themselves at the first hint of armed resistance by an authority figure. Let's have an authority figure on the premises! Maybe then they'll do us all a service and cap themselves off first.
After a tragedy like the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre in Newtown, Conn., the injection of anything short of seriousness into the subsequent public discourse about guns is touchy. But last week, the National Rifle Association blasted numerous rounds into that particular barrier with NRA Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre's mouth.
- Quote of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Big Labor: ObamaCare is making income inequality worse, you know Erika Johnsen 5 hours ago
- Reading 2.0: There’s an app for that Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- China draws its own “red line” …on North Korea Erika Johnsen 8 hours ago
- IRS to give up, release all Lerner e-mails, documents Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago
- Ukraine: Another 3 AM wake-up call going unheeded Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago