This is one piece of a many-sided puzzle. I agree with this article wholeheartedly - except for the part that blames Obama. The educational regime has been playing patty-cake with students long before Obama. I first became aware of their tactics back in the late 1980's - early 90's. The educational system was in large part responsible for the tech bust, because they came in when the industry started to grow and began what they have unleashed on us like a nuclear pandemic weapon: turning workplaces into "college recruitment centers". Notice that now every job that pays a decent salary has an educational requirement - and those that do not have had their wages lowered? Who do we blame for that? (Not enough room here to complete my thought)
In President Barack Obama's 2012 State of the Union address, he said that "higher education can't be a luxury. It is an economic imperative that every family in America should be able to afford." Such talk makes for political points, but there's no evidence that a college education is an economic imperative. A good part of our higher education problem, explaining its spiraling cost, is that a large percentage of students currently attending college are ill-equipped and incapable of doing real college work. They shouldn't be there wasting their own resources and those of their families and taxpayers. Let's look at...
- Teachers unions angry with Obama staff “sellouts” Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Elite northeastern college town very worried about becoming Ferguson Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 15 hours ago
- Last straw: ObamaCare now ruining baseball Mary Katharine Ham 15 hours ago
- US reconfirms policy of not paying ransoms to terrorists for abducted Americans Ed Morrissey 16 hours ago
- Jake Tapper: Getting a conviction against Darren Wilson could be an ‘uphill battle’ Noah Rothman 17 hours ago