This is one piece of a many-sided puzzle. I agree with this article wholeheartedly - except for the part that blames Obama. The educational regime has been playing patty-cake with students long before Obama. I first became aware of their tactics back in the late 1980's - early 90's. The educational system was in large part responsible for the tech bust, because they came in when the industry started to grow and began what they have unleashed on us like a nuclear pandemic weapon: turning workplaces into "college recruitment centers". Notice that now every job that pays a decent salary has an educational requirement - and those that do not have had their wages lowered? Who do we blame for that? (Not enough room here to complete my thought)
In President Barack Obama's 2012 State of the Union address, he said that "higher education can't be a luxury. It is an economic imperative that every family in America should be able to afford." Such talk makes for political points, but there's no evidence that a college education is an economic imperative. A good part of our higher education problem, explaining its spiraling cost, is that a large percentage of students currently attending college are ill-equipped and incapable of doing real college work. They shouldn't be there wasting their own resources and those of their families and taxpayers. Let's look at...
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014