This is one piece of a many-sided puzzle. I agree with this article wholeheartedly - except for the part that blames Obama. The educational regime has been playing patty-cake with students long before Obama. I first became aware of their tactics back in the late 1980's - early 90's. The educational system was in large part responsible for the tech bust, because they came in when the industry started to grow and began what they have unleashed on us like a nuclear pandemic weapon: turning workplaces into "college recruitment centers". Notice that now every job that pays a decent salary has an educational requirement - and those that do not have had their wages lowered? Who do we blame for that? (Not enough room here to complete my thought)
In President Barack Obama's 2012 State of the Union address, he said that "higher education can't be a luxury. It is an economic imperative that every family in America should be able to afford." Such talk makes for political points, but there's no evidence that a college education is an economic imperative. A good part of our higher education problem, explaining its spiraling cost, is that a large percentage of students currently attending college are ill-equipped and incapable of doing real college work. They shouldn't be there wasting their own resources and those of their families and taxpayers. Let's look at...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Advice to campaigning Democrats: Maybe avoid mentioning the term economic “recovery” Erika Johnsen 4 hours ago
- Western states debate retaking control of federal lands Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Reflecting on Kelo nine years later Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago
- Video: Obama signs bill blocking Iranian UN envoy from entry Ed Morrissey 10 hours ago
- MSNBC host debates Michele Fiore on Bundy ranch. Does not fare well. Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago