This is one piece of a many-sided puzzle. I agree with this article wholeheartedly - except for the part that blames Obama. The educational regime has been playing patty-cake with students long before Obama. I first became aware of their tactics back in the late 1980's - early 90's. The educational system was in large part responsible for the tech bust, because they came in when the industry started to grow and began what they have unleashed on us like a nuclear pandemic weapon: turning workplaces into "college recruitment centers". Notice that now every job that pays a decent salary has an educational requirement - and those that do not have had their wages lowered? Who do we blame for that? (Not enough room here to complete my thought)
In President Barack Obama's 2012 State of the Union address, he said that "higher education can't be a luxury. It is an economic imperative that every family in America should be able to afford." Such talk makes for political points, but there's no evidence that a college education is an economic imperative. A good part of our higher education problem, explaining its spiraling cost, is that a large percentage of students currently attending college are ill-equipped and incapable of doing real college work. They shouldn't be there wasting their own resources and those of their families and taxpayers. Let's look at...
- Ukraine, rebels agree on buffer zone, withdrawal of foreign troops and “mercenaries” Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Could Louisiana elect an 87 year old Democrat felon to Congress? Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- ESPN: Ravens’ “misdirection” kept curiously passive NFL in the dark on video Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Demands grow to end secrecy – and robbery – at Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Whistleblower cop in Scott Walker accusations paying a heavy price Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 19 hours ago