We are reminded by the commander of the special operations unit with whom we are living not to broadcast names or faces of Afghan security force personnel. The local district governor is speaking through an interpreter. He doesn't pull any punches: "You must not abandon us again. You helped us...
Excuse me, but how does any of your rantings, strawman arguments, or financial claims have anything to do with the article at hand? What say you about us, the US, potentially abandoning an ally who has put his neck on the chopping block to help us defeat a common enemy? I believe it is disgraceful not only of what our fallen, but of ourselves as a nation. This is what we did to our allies when the Vietnam War was ended. We should not, we cannot do this again.
WARDAK PROVINCE, Afghanistan -- "If you leave here like you left Iraq, I am a dead man," says the blunt-speaking district governor. His district chief of police, a newly appointed civil judge and the chief of the Afghan Local Police detachment all nod their heads in assent. None of them is smiling.
- Obama to faith leaders: I have no plans for an executive amnesty on immigration Allahpundit 19 minutes ago
- Income-inequality warrior to earn $225,000 per year for doing nothing in particular about income inequality Allahpundit 58 minutes ago
- Is Kickstarter kicking out pro-life projects? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Oh, good: Obama to announce more faux stimulus with $600 million for job training Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- New study shows casual pot use connected to brain abnormalities Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Minnesota to outsource ObamaCare exchange management to private sector Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago