The FISA Amendments Act largely exempted the federal government from having to work through a special court system in order to obtain warrants to monitor communications involving Americans. While President Obama was in the Senate, he opposed the legislation. Now that he's actually wielding the levers of...
In response to:
It is true that Bush opened the doors for progressives to enact the kind of control they always crave, historically speaking...But he was not truly a conservative.
Senate Intelligence Committee Chair Dianne Feinstein has been presided over four days of committee debate over reauthorization of the FISA Amendments Act with an iron fist and incredible subordination to the Obama Administration. The FISA Amendments Act of 2008 was set to expire, but President Obama has been pushing for its un-amended reauthorization.
- Great news: 36% of Americans can name all three branches of government Allahpundit 42 mins ago
- US Navy spying on private citizens? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Senate’s possible 2016 hopefuls gambling that ISIS war will be unpopular soon Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Biden to women’s conference: I miss Republicans like Bob Packwood Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Bob Beckel: Get ready for an October surprise, Republicans Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Cardinals clash over divorce, communion ahead of Vatican synod Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago