In short, then, the economy stalled after a surprisingly strong February. Employers weren't hiring much and a lot of people gave up looking for jobs. Even the federal government lost jobs - though that was...
rgama - "Like...Trickle Down Economics? Ha,ha,ha...you are funny!" You look pretty stupid laughing in the face of evidence...best economic times...trickle down...worst...government run...
The American economy added 88,000 jobs in March, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, which was a major miss from predictions. Forecasters were expecting between 150,000-200,000 jobs added. The unemployment rate dropped despite the lackluster number added due to a sharp drop in the labor force participation rate - from 7.7 to 7.6%. Nearly half a million people stopped looking for work in March.
- Bombshell: Mark Pryor called desegregation of schools a ‘figurative’ invasion Noah Rothman 46 mins ago
- Homeland Security announces new travel restrictions on Ebola countries that, er, aren’t so new Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- TEMS Tuesday: Andrew Malcolm and the big return Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Monica Lewinsky: I was patient zero in Internet bullying Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Liberals warn vulnerable Dems that they should rethink distancing themselves from Obama Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- 10 yr old competitive shooter seeks to inspire others Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago