In short, then, the economy stalled after a surprisingly strong February. Employers weren't hiring much and a lot of people gave up looking for jobs. Even the federal government lost jobs - though that was...
rgama - "Like...Trickle Down Economics? Ha,ha,ha...you are funny!" You look pretty stupid laughing in the face of evidence...best economic times...trickle down...worst...government run...
The American economy added 88,000 jobs in March, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, which was a major miss from predictions. Forecasters were expecting between 150,000-200,000 jobs added. The unemployment rate dropped despite the lackluster number added due to a sharp drop in the labor force participation rate - from 7.7 to 7.6%. Nearly half a million people stopped looking for work in March.
- Video: Ukrainian forces advancing in east as showdown nears Ed Morrissey 48 minutes ago
- Detroit cuts deal with retired first responders on pensions Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Video: Did we miss the al-Qaeda convention? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Bloomberg to spend $50 million to “outmuscle” the NRA Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Video: Happy (The Remy Tax Day Edition) Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago