In short, then, the economy stalled after a surprisingly strong February. Employers weren't hiring much and a lot of people gave up looking for jobs. Even the federal government lost jobs - though that was...
No, the fascists have done theirs.
The American economy added 88,000 jobs in March, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, which was a major miss from predictions. Forecasters were expecting between 150,000-200,000 jobs added. The unemployment rate dropped despite the lackluster number added due to a sharp drop in the labor force participation rate - from 7.7 to 7.6%. Nearly half a million people stopped looking for work in March.
- NRLC Interview: NH Senate candidate Karen Testerman Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Sunday reflection: Matthew 17:1-9 Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Quotes of the Day Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago
- Would-be victim delivering pizza thwarts would-be robbery with her concealed weapon Erika Johnsen 17 hours ago
- The EPA is charging $75,000/day over a private citizen’s pond, but don’t you worry about their revisions to the Clean Water Act Erika Johnsen 18 hours ago