Last week the Obama administration issued a bogus compromise on the contraception mandate in ObamaCare through Health and Human Services. The deal? Institutions deemed "religious" by the government get a pass while businesses morally opposed to the mandate still must provide insurance plans to employees that provide contraception without a co-pay.
In response to:
cont..With our payer mix at 80% some government payer, fixed fee, like TRICARE, Medicare, Medicaid and the like, our ability to cost shift is compromised. That adds to the cost of medicine in our nation by what we call a latent tax on the system done by our need to cost shift. When we can no longer do this we will have to close our doors and the community will have to travel up to 100 miles to get to the medical care they need. So you can see that any cut in government payers will severely impact an already straining situation...Now I will wait on the blasting I will take from my conservative friends on posting this ugly truth.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014