Last week the Obama administration issued a bogus compromise on the contraception mandate in ObamaCare through Health and Human Services. The deal? Institutions deemed "religious" by the government get a pass while businesses morally opposed to the mandate still must provide insurance plans to employees that provide contraception without a co-pay.
In response to:
cont..With our payer mix at 80% some government payer, fixed fee, like TRICARE, Medicare, Medicaid and the like, our ability to cost shift is compromised. That adds to the cost of medicine in our nation by what we call a latent tax on the system done by our need to cost shift. When we can no longer do this we will have to close our doors and the community will have to travel up to 100 miles to get to the medical care they need. So you can see that any cut in government payers will severely impact an already straining situation...Now I will wait on the blasting I will take from my conservative friends on posting this ugly truth.
- Obama to force businesses to pay more employees overtime Allahpundit 21 minutes ago
- Rick Perry hint-hints: America is a great place for second chances Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- It’s come to this: Obama threatens to veto Republican bills that … require him to follow the law Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Huckabee getting serious about a 2016 bid? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Gallup: Senate may be #Up4Climate, but … Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Charlie Rangel: The explosion today in Harlem is “our community’s 9/11″ Allahpundit 3 hours ago