Last week the Obama administration issued a bogus compromise on the contraception mandate in ObamaCare through Health and Human Services. The deal? Institutions deemed "religious" by the government get a pass while businesses morally opposed to the mandate still must provide insurance plans to employees that provide contraception without a co-pay.
In response to:
Marc-H - "how aboiut tell them to stop telling you what to do i know, they love power, they love telling you what to do....." Would like to but after EMTALA laws were enacted we are stuck with taking people who cannot pay regardless. This leads to cost shifting and insurance prices rising and the whole mess. Once government got in the medical business it has made thing much more difficult...easy to say what you said not easy to implement it.
- US Attorney to Cuomo: Witness tampering and obstruction are still illegal, you know Ed Morrissey 11 minutes ago
- House GOP abandons border crisis bill, can’t find 218 votes; Update: One more try? Allahpundit 51 minutes ago
- ObamaCare caused some premiums to nearly double in California Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- CIA confesses: Yeah, we hacked the Senate’s computers Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Bill Clinton, September 10, 2001: I could have killed Bin Laden once but called it off because of civilian casualties Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Is Hamas calling it quits? Noah Rothman 3 hours ago