Liberalism offers up a utopian vision of the world and then invites its practitioners to feel good about themselves for embracing it. Not only does this beautiful fantasy world never come to pass, liberalism fails to address the root causes of the problems it sets out to solve while creating whole new disasters in the process. In other words, it's a never ending circle. There's a problem, liberalism is offered up as the solution, it doesn't work and creates more problems, for which liberalism is offered up as the solution, etc., etc., etc. until you're starving, bankrupt, or your society...
Were there some people who made stupid and sexist attacks against Sarah Palin? Sure. The people who did so were wrong and should be rightfully condemned. But you can't pretend that the knock on Sarah Palin was almost entirely substantive: i.e. she was woefully underqualified for the job of VP, and lacked even basic policy knowledge. That's not the kind of thing you hear lefties saying about Kay Bailey Hutchinson or Olympia Snowe, simply because both of these women are everything Sarah Palin is not: smart, serious, and accomplished.
- MNSure asks for additional $12.5 million to fix website and call center Ed Morrissey 41 minutes ago
- Federal committee devising new dietary guidelines based on… climate change Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- National Journal: Loss in HHS contraception mandate case would “restrict access” for women Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Business groups “blindsided” by Obama overtime redefinition Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Trey Gowdy on Obama’s power grabs: “How does going from being a senator to a president re-write the Constitution?” Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Video: Criminal probe opening in GM recall? Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago