It's budget week in America, and for the first time in four years, both houses of Congress will respect the law and produce a blueprint for the coming fiscal year. The release of the president's budget, which was due by statute on February 4, has been delayed for a second time until April 8. Senate Democrats will finally unveil their plan on Wednesday, with a single day mark-up planned for Thursday. Sen. Jeff Sessions, the ranking Republican on his chamber's budget committee, says he fears Harry Reid and Patty Murray's caucus will introduce a budget that raises taxes by...
In response to:
What's the point of the Ryan Budget?-a good article by Horowitz on Redstate. Both sides keep recycling these banal proposals.
- CPAC: Daniel Hannan and the origins of liberty Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Quote of the day Allahpundit 14 hours ago
- Big Labor: ObamaCare is making income inequality worse, you know Erika Johnsen 15 hours ago
- Reading 2.0: There’s an app for that Jazz Shaw 17 hours ago
- China draws its own “red line” …on North Korea Erika Johnsen 18 hours ago