It's budget week in America, and for the first time in four years, both houses of Congress will respect the law and produce a blueprint for the coming fiscal year. The release of the president's budget, which was due by statute on February 4, has been delayed for a second time until April 8. Senate Democrats will finally unveil their plan on Wednesday, with a single day mark-up planned for Thursday. Sen. Jeff Sessions, the ranking Republican on his chamber's budget committee, says he fears Harry Reid and Patty Murray's caucus will introduce a budget that raises taxes by...
In response to:
What's the point of the Ryan Budget?-a good article by Horowitz on Redstate. Both sides keep recycling these banal proposals.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- There will be nothing from the president tonight on the beheading of an American journalist Update: Statement tomorrow Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Spot the problems with these headlines: NYT edition Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Video: The day John McCain did the robot Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Poll: 82% think it should be illegal to let your nine-year-old play at the park unsupervised Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- “Heads up high”: The Cumberland Little League consolation speech Allahpundit 11 hours ago