For Duncan, the civil rights issue was that black elementary and high school students are disciplined at a higher rate than whites. His evidence for discrimination is that blacks are three and a half times more likely to be suspended or expelled than their white peers. Duncan and his Obama administration supporters conveniently...
Dr. Williams is right on the money (again). In a debate with a Liberal colleague 10 to 15 years ago, I made a broader statement. I said if I were a racist, I could not concieve of a more clever way to undermine Black and Hispanic advancement than to implement all the Liberal policies intended to help them which were already in place at that time. The really sinister part is that I can claim I'm helping! Interestingly, my Liberal colleague was speechless - I think he saw, just for a moment how destructive these policies are.
If I were a Klansman, wanting to sabotage black education, I couldn't find better allies than education establishment liberals and officials in the Obama administration, especially Secretary of Education Arne Duncan, who in March 2010 announced that his department was "going to reinvigorate civil rights enforcement."
- Whistleblower cop in Scott Walker accusations paying a heavy price Jazz Shaw 52 mins ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Scarborough: A certain network should cover Bridgegate clearing as much as allegations Mary Katharine Ham 13 hours ago
- Remind me again, why isn’t Condi Rice running for president? Allahpundit 14 hours ago
- Following Scotland’s lead: 25% of USA residents open to breaking away Noah Rothman 14 hours ago
- Video: Does watching NFL games make you an ‘enabler’ of domestic violence? Guy Benson 15 hours ago