For Duncan, the civil rights issue was that black elementary and high school students are disciplined at a higher rate than whites. His evidence for discrimination is that blacks are three and a half times more likely to be suspended or expelled than their white peers. Duncan and his Obama administration supporters conveniently...
Dr. Williams is right on the money (again). In a debate with a Liberal colleague 10 to 15 years ago, I made a broader statement. I said if I were a racist, I could not concieve of a more clever way to undermine Black and Hispanic advancement than to implement all the Liberal policies intended to help them which were already in place at that time. The really sinister part is that I can claim I'm helping! Interestingly, my Liberal colleague was speechless - I think he saw, just for a moment how destructive these policies are.
If I were a Klansman, wanting to sabotage black education, I couldn't find better allies than education establishment liberals and officials in the Obama administration, especially Secretary of Education Arne Duncan, who in March 2010 announced that his department was "going to reinvigorate civil rights enforcement."
- Conservative columnists agree: Go to war in Iraq and Syria, don’t occupy them Noah Rothman 49 mins ago
- Hagel: ISIS beyond “just a terrorist group … imminent threat” Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Want to go blind with rage? Read this letter from ISIS to the Foley family Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- “Direct invasion”: Aid convoy enters Ukraine Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Teamsters appeal to “Top Chef” for employment by threatening to bash in Padma Lakshmi’s face Mary Katharine Ham 13 hours ago