Conservative commentator Rush Limbaugh says the U.S. is on an unsustainable course; there isn't enough money from taxes to pay everyone lifetime healthcare, lifetime pensions, and hefty incomes. The federal government now...
In response to:
"Hoover raised taxes and slapped a tariff on imports." Rubbish. The 1929 stock market crash was caused by the reaction to Congress' serious debate on the 50% Smoot-Hawley Tariff. The Great Depression was caused by the Federal Reserve shrinking the money supply by one third. Hoover did not help, but neither did FDR, whose 1932 platform was to "balance the budget". If you don't have a memory or any knowledge, you ought to check the Internet. You will be amazed by what you can learn if you do.
This coming presidential election will determine whether the U.S. ends up in another Great Depression or pulls out of the economic slump. There are numerous signs indicating that the country is headed for economic Armageddon under Obama. Some analysts are predicting the crash could come as soon as next year. Obama is following the failed policies of President Herbert Hoover which led to the Great Depression.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Twitter blocks petition supporting Houston pastors Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Breaking: New White House fence-jumper taken down by K9s, apprehended Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- Debbie Wasserman Schultz: Barack who? Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- What election? Network news gives up on covering midterms Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Could Oregon’s First Lady sink the Governor next month? Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago