I see. You don't actually believe that the United States of America is a country ruled by laws freely passed by representatives of the citizenry. "The immigrants who sneak into this country" are CRIMINALS, and should be jailed and then deported. This is OUR country, not a doormat. America has ALWAYS welcomed immigrants who LEGALLY come here. What people are upset about are all the CRIMINALS. We should have purchased the Berlin Wall, including the Dobermans and automatic machine guns and put it up on the southern border. Or built a triple electrified fence. I am sick of this, and YOU are not helping one damn bit.
On Wednesday evening former Secretary of State Condi Rice picked a fight with a large and vocal section of the Republican base, and I’m glad she did. This confrontation is long overdue. Zero-tolerance law-and-order rhetoric about the immigration issue has become the standard for talk radio and other conservative circles, and I think that this fact puts much of the conservative movement at odds with two of its most important foundations: a view of compassion derived from the Biblical tradition, and a commitment to economic freedom and limited government as an optimistic upward path to prosperity.
Here’s what she said:...
Breaking on TOWNHALL
- Chris Christie thinks Putin wouldn’t test him like he does Obama, and that’s driving liberals nuts Noah Rothman 20 mins ago
- U.K. graciously declines to charge parents arrested for trying to save their child’s life Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Biden: “It’s time to take back America!” Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Rand Paul: Let’s smash ISIS Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- The obligatory “celebrity nudes hacked” post Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Question for the State Department after Sotloff’s murder: Are we at war with ISIS yet? Allahpundit 3 hours ago