Corruption starts at the...
Effect is the same.
In the classic movie “History of the World Part 1,” Mel Brooks famously said, “It’s good to be the king!” He was playing King Louis XVI, the French monarch who eventually lost his head over his excesses while the people suffered. Democrats enjoy acting like they are the peasants in the modern-day version of that struggle, but nothing could be further from the truth. Although they may talk a good game, “Let them eat cake” is their mantra … only, since they seek to control everything we do, including what we eat, it’s sugar-free carrot cake.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Sotloff “fixer”: Americans never contacted me after his abduction Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- David Cameron to Scotland: Baby, don’t go. Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- Confirmed: You can tell someone’s politics by their body odor Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Oh my: I think Romney’s going to run, says top Wall Street backer Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Election forecasters bearish on GOP? Senate models looking more Democratic by the day Noah Rothman 4 hours ago