What if the government regards the Constitution as merely a guideline to be referred to from time to time, or a myth to be foisted upon the voters,...
Down the thread, "Loyal Muslim" wrote: "What if - the common citizenry impedes Obama's efforts to do what is best for us all by letting the writings of some long dead rich white men hinder Obama?" ANSWER: I will take the US Constitution (as originally written and legally amended) ANY day over what you call "Obama's efforts to do what is best for us". His idea of what is "best" for us? --We are a FREE people, "Loyal". FREE. We do not depend upon any one president to decide what is "best" for us. Our constitution (which you smear as "the writings of some long dead rich white men") is the BEDROCK of our nation--it is the reason all other things are possible. It holds TIMELESS and PROPER checks on the government's power over us.
What if the government never took the Constitution seriously? What if the same generation -- in some cases the same human beings -- that wrote in the First Amendment, "Congress shall make no law ... abridging the freedom of speech," also enacted the Alien and Sedition Acts, which made it a crime to criticize the government? What if the feds don't regard the Constitution as the Supreme Law of the Land?
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Sotloff “fixer”: Americans never contacted me after his abduction Ed Morrissey 9 hours ago
- David Cameron to Scotland: Baby, don’t go. Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Confirmed: You can tell someone’s politics by their body odor Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Oh my: I think Romney’s going to run, says top Wall Street backer Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Election forecasters bearish on GOP? Senate models looking more Democratic by the day Noah Rothman 12 hours ago