Americans are living longer lives, and the additional years of retirement are putting a strain on Social Security and Medicare. But raising the retirement age - a bipartisan cost-cutting favorite - is deeply problematic unless Americans are healthy when they reach their mid-60s and...
In response to:
Of course Obama's offering more "wrong medicine" on Medicare...he's out to destroy it. What does anyone expect from Obama? Good governance?? Not going to happen. Buckle in, America--we're in for a rough, rough ride...
The latest fiscal cliff plan from President Obama promised $400 billion in entitlement savings. An analysis by the Washington Post of the likely composition of those "savings" showed that nearly half of those cuts would come from requiring prescription drug rebates in Medicare. That would be a huge mistake for the country's fiscal and physical health.
- Quotes of the day Erika Johnsen 4 hours ago
- Venezuela to US: You should probably come participate in a “peace commission” on all this violence you’ve caused Erika Johnsen 6 hours ago
- The most dangerous wedding photo evah? Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- Exit polls show Crimea annexation wins 93% of vote while under Russian occupation Ed Morrissey 9 hours ago
- NRLC Interview – Joe Scarborough Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago
- And your latest straw poll winner is… Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago