There were many factors that hurt Mitt Romney and favored Barack Obama in the 2012 presidential election. The Democrats portrayed Romney in the worst light possible; as a wealthy, out of touch millionaire who wanted to return women to the 1800's. The left wing media predictably did everything it could to perpetuate that false caricature. Obama's race was an advantage; voters of all persuasions, particularly minorities, still cannot get over the allure of the first black president. The 47% of Americans on welfare were predisposed to vote for the food stamp president over Romney, wanting the free goodies to keep...
In response to:
Probably both--we will likely never know for certain. The one thing we need to do is to stop squabbling after the primaries. Once the nominee has been announced, we are past the time for in-fighting and grudge-carrying. Put forth your best candidate, and yes, fight like hell for that candidate--in the primaries. Once the primary is settled, push for the nominee. The failed candidates need to also kick into high gear, campaigning hard for the victor. (And that means endorsing the victor, unlike Ron Paul.) We do ourselves zero good by pouting & staying home--the result is the ugly mess we're facing right now.
- CBO: Uhm, about Obama’s FY2015 budget proposal… it’s way more expensive than the White House claimed Erika Johnsen 49 minutes ago
- Jay Carney: The toughest interview Obama had in 2012 was with … Jon Stewart Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Be of good cheer, subjects: An heir to the throne is due Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Megan McArdle goes off on suspicious Census Bureau/Obamacare methodology switch Guy Benson 2 hours ago
- Chris Christie on punishing drug users: If we’re going to be pro-life, let’s be pro-life all the way Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- The encore ObamaCare victory lap after the not-a-deadline-extension Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago