There were many factors that hurt Mitt Romney and favored Barack Obama in the 2012 presidential election. The Democrats portrayed Romney in the worst light possible; as a wealthy, out of touch millionaire who wanted to return women to the 1800's. The left wing media predictably did everything it could to perpetuate that false caricature. Obama's race was an advantage; voters of all persuasions, particularly minorities, still cannot get over the allure of the first black president. The 47% of Americans on welfare were predisposed to vote for the food stamp president over Romney, wanting the free goodies to keep...
In response to:
Probably both--we will likely never know for certain. The one thing we need to do is to stop squabbling after the primaries. Once the nominee has been announced, we are past the time for in-fighting and grudge-carrying. Put forth your best candidate, and yes, fight like hell for that candidate--in the primaries. Once the primary is settled, push for the nominee. The failed candidates need to also kick into high gear, campaigning hard for the victor. (And that means endorsing the victor, unlike Ron Paul.) We do ourselves zero good by pouting & staying home--the result is the ugly mess we're facing right now.
- Benghazi hearings about to force the press to pay attention Noah Rothman 32 mins ago
- CBS/NYT poll shows Obama at new low on terrorism, foreign policy Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Sotloff “fixer”: Americans never contacted me after his abduction Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago
- David Cameron to Scotland: Baby, don’t go. Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Confirmed: You can tell someone’s politics by their body odor Allahpundit 12 hours ago