The gun shows I attend show me that the average price of a good semi-automatic pistol costs between $500 and $1000 apiece. And the buy-back crowd wants to pay them back for $100? Yeah...that'll work. Also, remember seeing pictures of some of a "buy-back" event. The officials were standing proudly beside a hopper filled with rusted obsolete firearms that were of no more value than a club. But at least the liberals could feeeeeeeeeeel better about having given money away on nonfunctional scrap metal that looked like guns.
- Immigration advocates mad that feds might let young illegals choose deportation voluntarily Allahpundit 52 minutes ago
- Kurds seize two oil fields, pull out of Iraqi government Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Great news: VA overpaying misclassified workers by millions … and can’t fix it Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Obama aims to keep Democrats happy while he coasts to 2016 Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- WaPo: Is “the bear” loose … or is it an ostrich? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Federal judge to IRS: Explain these “lost” e-mails, please … under oath Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago