The gun shows I attend show me that the average price of a good semi-automatic pistol costs between $500 and $1000 apiece. And the buy-back crowd wants to pay them back for $100? Yeah...that'll work. Also, remember seeing pictures of some of a "buy-back" event. The officials were standing proudly beside a hopper filled with rusted obsolete firearms that were of no more value than a club. But at least the liberals could feeeeeeeeeeel better about having given money away on nonfunctional scrap metal that looked like guns.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Report: There’s a nasty bit of the budget deal that makes tax hikes easier to pass Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- George W. sends letter of support to Alabama kicker after Iron Bowl Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- Report: Top “moderate” U.S.-backed Syrian rebel general chased out of the country by jihadis Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Rand Paul: This “backwards,” “status quo” budget plan stinks, and stinks badly. Erika Johnsen 4 hours ago
- RNC’s plan for 2016: Fewer debates, later primaries, and a convention in June Allahpundit 4 hours ago