Former President Bill Clinton, who suffered significant political damage after signing into law the original assault weapons ban, is cautioning President Obama against patronizing his gun control opponents, in particular gun owners.
Appearing before Obama's National Finance Committee and various business leaders, Clinton stressed that guns present different cultural complexities than other political issues.
"Do not patronize the passionate supporters of your opponents by looking down your nose at them," he said, according to Politico.
Clinton's words are wise, but it may be too late. The Obama campaign team has already
- Resurrected monster General Motors is still killing people Noah Rothman 23 mins ago
- Video: This is the man a malaise-stricken America needs right now Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- NYT: After six weeks of U.S. airstrikes, ISIS has “scarcely budged” Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- McCain: I was pals with Mark Udall’s dad so I can’t bring myself to campaign for Cory Gardner Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Secret Service failures may expand no-walking zone around White House Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- CDC: Up to half a million Ebola cases by end of January Noah Rothman 3 hours ago