The book of Jeremiah, in particular, showed the people of Judah suffering because they had been disobedient and had broken their covenant with God. In Jeremiah 2:8, the prophet notes where the sin began: “The priests did not ask, ‘Where is the Lord?’ Those who deal with the law did not know me; the leaders rebelled against me. The prophets prophesied by Baal,...
Robert1824 doesn't have a clue as to what America is about. I have no problem with non-Christians, nor does any thinking Christians. We all have a right to our opinions, our beliefs, and our actions as long as they do not harm others, and promote a viable society. I wish he would explain to me, however, how killing babies, promoting pornography, and debasing marriage promote a viable society. On the matter of "gay rights," I have no problem with any combination of people living together in an intimate union, except when groups exceed two, or include children, or are both of the same sex want to call their union marriage, and expect the rest of us to accord them with the same honor as a linguistically valid married couple.
The Old Testament prophets dealt with corruption and godlessness in Israel and Judah. And God had to punish the people for their sins and for breaking the covenant that had been established between themselves and Yahweh.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Good: Comedienne refuses to apologize for telling jokes Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Shocking report: Obama didn’t even finish Jiro’s sushi Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Who’s up for a Throwback Thursday with Kim Jong Un? Erika Johnsen 8 hours ago
- Georgia governor signs liberalizing concealed carry law Erika Johnsen 8 hours ago
- McCain: It’s a stain on America’s honor that we haven’t passed amnesty yet Allahpundit 10 hours ago