The book of Jeremiah, in particular, showed the people of Judah suffering because they had been disobedient and had broken their covenant with God. In Jeremiah 2:8, the prophet notes where the sin began: “The priests did not ask, ‘Where is the Lord?’ Those who deal with the law did not know me; the leaders rebelled against me. The prophets prophesied by Baal,...
Robert1824 doesn't have a clue as to what America is about. I have no problem with non-Christians, nor does any thinking Christians. We all have a right to our opinions, our beliefs, and our actions as long as they do not harm others, and promote a viable society. I wish he would explain to me, however, how killing babies, promoting pornography, and debasing marriage promote a viable society. On the matter of "gay rights," I have no problem with any combination of people living together in an intimate union, except when groups exceed two, or include children, or are both of the same sex want to call their union marriage, and expect the rest of us to accord them with the same honor as a linguistically valid married couple.
The Old Testament prophets dealt with corruption and godlessness in Israel and Judah. And God had to punish the people for their sins and for breaking the covenant that had been established between themselves and Yahweh.
- Pelosi’s office retreats on Hobby Lobby “ban” claim Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Solar panel company pocketing govt subsidy cash intended for homeowners Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Look how the Export-Import Bank is using your tax money Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 17 hours ago
- Video: How does the president’s tone help solve the problem? Mary Katharine Ham 17 hours ago
- Obama’s law professor: There’s a “very high risk” that a federal court is going to gut ObamaCare Allahpundit 18 hours ago