The book of Jeremiah, in particular, showed the people of Judah suffering because they had been disobedient and had broken their covenant with God. In Jeremiah 2:8, the prophet notes where the sin began: “The priests did not ask, ‘Where is the Lord?’ Those who deal with the law did not know me; the leaders rebelled against me. The prophets prophesied by Baal,...
Robert1824 doesn't have a clue as to what America is about. I have no problem with non-Christians, nor does any thinking Christians. We all have a right to our opinions, our beliefs, and our actions as long as they do not harm others, and promote a viable society. I wish he would explain to me, however, how killing babies, promoting pornography, and debasing marriage promote a viable society. On the matter of "gay rights," I have no problem with any combination of people living together in an intimate union, except when groups exceed two, or include children, or are both of the same sex want to call their union marriage, and expect the rest of us to accord them with the same honor as a linguistically valid married couple.
The Old Testament prophets dealt with corruption and godlessness in Israel and Judah. And God had to punish the people for their sins and for breaking the covenant that had been established between themselves and Yahweh.
- Iran executes 967th person under Hassan Rouhani. And it’s a woman Jazz Shaw 52 mins ago
- Chris McDaniel appeal rejected in state supreme court Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Video: Palin-bashing CNN anchor claimed Michelle Obama signed bill into law Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Everything is changing after Ferguson, and it should Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- The Marysville school shooting was politicized in about, oh… three minutes Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Hillarynomics: Businesses don’t create jobs Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago