The book of Jeremiah, in particular, showed the people of Judah suffering because they had been disobedient and had broken their covenant with God. In Jeremiah 2:8, the prophet notes where the sin began: “The priests did not ask, ‘Where is the Lord?’ Those who deal with the law did not know me; the leaders rebelled against me. The prophets prophesied by Baal,...
Apparently many Americans don't understand America, its history, or what the prophets were about. Dr. Youssef does. We should heed what he's writing, because every society that has abandoned its core values, from Attica (ancient Greece) to France, has paid the price of sliding from greatness to mediocrity or disappearance. We strayed terribly and foolishly when we let glib secularists convince us that a prohibition of a state religion (the First Amendment) is the same as a denial of our Christian foundation. We must do everything we can to prove that when Barry Soetoro claimed that America is no longer a Christian nation it was just another of his myriad lies.
The Old Testament prophets dealt with corruption and godlessness in Israel and Judah. And God had to punish the people for their sins and for breaking the covenant that had been established between themselves and Yahweh.
- A blessed and happy Easter Sunday to all Hot Air readers! Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Advice to campaigning Democrats: Maybe avoid mentioning the term economic “recovery” Erika Johnsen 7 hours ago
- Western states debate retaking control of federal lands Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago
- Reflecting on Kelo nine years later Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago
- Video: Obama signs bill blocking Iranian UN envoy from entry Ed Morrissey 13 hours ago