The financial crisis is over and the recession ended in 2009. But one of the federal government's biggest social welfare programs, which expanded when the economy convulsed, isn't shrinking back alongside the recovery.
Enrollment in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, as the modern-day food-stamp benefit is known, has soared 70% since 2008 to a record 47.8 million as of December 2012. Congressional budget...
In response to:
Affirmative action IS failure!
- Quotes of the Day Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago
- Would-be victim delivering pizza thwarts would-be robbery with her concealed weapon Erika Johnsen 12 hours ago
- The EPA is charging $75,000/day over a private citizen’s pond, but don’t you worry about their revisions to the Clean Water Act Erika Johnsen 13 hours ago
- Christie jacking up tax on e-cigarettes Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago
- Interview with Al Baldasaro Jazz Shaw 16 hours ago
- How many people have died from GM ignition-switch defect? Ed Morrissey 18 hours ago